We will start class off with a quick game of mine field in the concourse. We'll debrief by discussing what happens when we encounter obstacles and link it to our discussion of yesterday's film clip from Star Wars.
We will write a quick journal entry today focusing on our goals and hopes for ourselves, our school and our semester. We will then discuss SMART goal setting and then create some SMART goals for ourselves.
We will then get ourselves going with a raucous game of Catepillar Traverse -
With ankles taped, the team travels as a unit from Point A to Point B.
Two parallel lines (boundary lines) are on the ground 9 - 10 feet apart.
2. In between the parallel lines are taped three squares on the ground with sides of the
squares measuring approximately two feet.
3. The group stands behind one of the boundary lines.
4. The team lines up shoulder to shoulder (and ankle to ankle). Each person is given a piece of tape long enough to tape feet together. Participants reach down and tape their right foot (or ankle) to their neighbor’s left foot (ankle).
1. The boundary ropes and hoops may not be moved.
2. The group must remain in a line with ankles tied throughout the activity.
3. Stepping outside of the hoops while traveling to the rescue ship is not permitted.
4. No other equipment may be used.
5. Violation of a rule may result in a penalty. (Example: touches outside of the
hoops will require the team to start over)
Finally, with the remaining time we will, first look over course outlines and second look at our calendar of activities for second semester.