- how to identify fragment and run on sentences
- how to properly use commas
-how to identify and write metaphors, similes, personification, foreshadowing, imagery, symbols, dilemma
- the structure of a personal essay
- reading strategies
- How to represent an idea visually
- Four short stories: "The Sea Devil", "Just Lather, That's All", "Penny in the Dust" and "Saturday Climbing"
- the different types of point of view
What we still need to review:
- the different types of conflict
- the structure of the short story
- Character types
To conclude class, each group will be assigned one of the stories we've studied and they will need to create a plot diagram for it. These will be presented tomorrow in class.